You will need the following:
1″ hole punch (available from any craft store/Walmart/Target)
Nylon Stretchy necklaces I got mine from Etsy, (not sure what they are officially called)
Bottle caps (Etsy…you can get approx, 150 for $6.00)
Magnets (Make sure they are EXTRA STRONG or it won’t stay on)
Images to “punch” (you can print these from Etsy…it is best to use Photo paper. They come in one inch circles which is the perfect size. Otherwise you can draw your own, or use scrap paper,stickers, etc…)
Glue (either glue stick/ mod podge, and EnviroTex Lite High Gloss)
Washers (take your magnet with you to make sure the washers you get stick to the magnet)
1. Punch your images and glue them (with a glue stick or mod podge) to the bottle cap, make sure you glue the edges. (note: you can use either the inside of the bottle cap, or the outside. I found the outside works best)
2. Coat the glued image with mod podge (I put a couple of layers on to seal the image).
3. Once your mod podge is dry, mix the EnviroTex Lite according to their directions. Brush or drip the glue onto the top of the image. This is a hardener, and will give your bottle cap a nice shiny and hard finish. Let this dry completely. It will take a couple of days. (note: if you have bubbles in the top of your cap from the glue, wait a few minutes and gently exhale, Do Not Blow, on the cap. This will get the bubbles out).
4. Once your cap is dry, flip it over and glue the magnet to the back of the cap (I use Jewel It glue, but a hot glue gun will work too).
5. Put the washer on the nylon necklace.
6. Add the bottle cap and you are done! (This image is glued on the outside of this cap.)
These make great gifts. I like how the bottle caps are interchangeable. These are also fun to do at a birthday party and then the girls can take the necklace home as their favor.
Let me know if you have any questions!